Is couponing worth it?

05 July 2011

Is the savings lifestyle worth it? For me, the answer is a resounding YES. To show you why, I'll show you what I received today by using coupons and savings websites. Remember, this is just ONE day :)

First, the mail:


Today my friend the postman was busy! (He always tells me I make him work too hard lol) I received one sample pack of Chips Ahoy cookies + a $1 off coupon, a Shout Color Catcher sample + $0.55 off coupon, a L'Oreal Youth Code sample + $3 off coupon, a coupon good for a free Open Nature ice cream, and a new Organize in Style coupon booklet (go here to grab yours!).

Besides the simple fact that I enjoy receiving mail, I am also glad to receive samples because of the COUPONS! Here's a tip: If you receive a free product coupon, hold it until you get a $/$$ coupon for a store. For example, I'll use the ice cream coupon the next time Dominick's has a $10/$50 coupon. That way I'll get to the $50 coupon total without spending as much - which equals bigger savings in the end!

Next, my shopping trip and the rest:


I actually got one other piece of post, but not from the mail man. My friend the UPS man brought me a purple case, which I ordered off of Amazon, for my iPhone. I paid for the case using my Amazon gift cards from Swagbucks - so, free! The iPhone is actually new; I bought it with the money I saved with coupons. Back to the case, though. I remember laughing in my head when the salesman asked if I needed to purchase any accessories. No, Swagbucks will take care of that.

I went out to a few stores at lunch. I scored two free Oral B toothbrushes from Dominick's, $0.22 Oral B floss from Target (you can read about how to score the floss here), a four-pack of Uni-Ball pens using the 75% off coupon found here (expires 7.9.11), which came to only $2.27, and a package of mini legal pads from Staples which weren't on sale, but I just NEEDED them.

So, for everything I got today, including samples, coupons, iPhone case, Uni-Ball pens, note pads, two toothbrushes, and a package of floss - I spent exactly $5.67. I have writing supplies, oral health supplies, products to try, coupons to use (including a free product coupon) and my phone is safe. I saved a total of $14.88. If that isn't worth it, I don't know what is. Plus, it was fun :)

0 comments: