Is couponing worth it?

07 July 2011

I guess that depends on whom you ask. For me it is. Here's why:


First, the mail. Today the postman didn't have to work quite as hard. I received a sample of Seattle's Best coffee + $1 off coupon and a coupon for a free Suave lotion. I really should start using my free product coupons; I have about 15 of them!

Next, the shopping. At lunch, I stopped by Walgreens and Target. At Walgreens, I bought two Finesse products (a shampoo and conditioner), which were on sale for $3.99 BOGO. I used two $1/1 coupons, making my total out of pocket cost $2 (plus tax). I'm also going to send away for the rebate found here. So, free! At Target, I bought four items:

Coffee Mate creamer: $1.62, used $0.55/1 manufacturer coupon
Sharpie two-pack: $1.54, used $1/1 Target coupon
Scotch Magic tape: $1.79, used $1/1 manufactuer coupon and $0.50/1 Target coupon
PaperMate 10-pack pens: $1.02, used $1/1 Target coupon

Total before coupons: $5.97

Total after coupons (including tax): $1.59

So, for everything I bought, I paid $3.96 OOP and I saved a total of $10.91 (not including the $2 rebate).

Yes, couponing is worth it.

0 comments: