Is couponing worth it???

27 July 2011

You know, I sort of think it is! Here's my shopping trip for today:


First, I went to CVS. In case you're not aware, the coupon machine is spitting out coupons good for $2/1 bottle of Nature Made vitamins. This week Nature Made is on sale for B1G1, and there's a manufacturer coupon good for $1/1 that you can print here. Here's how my CVS trip broke down:

Bought:
2 bottles Nature Made vitamins, $5.49 each, BOGO
1 Aussie deep conditioner and 1 Aussie styler, 2/$4.97

Total: $10.46

Used:
$2/1 bottle Nature Made from CVS scanner
(2) $1/1 bottle Nature Made manufacurer coupons (Note: I've heard that CVS has changed their policy and will no longer take 2 coupons on a BOGO. I asked my cashier and she said she hadn't heard that, then accepted both of them with no beeps. Your mileage may vary.)
$3/1 Aussie or Herbal Essences styler WYB a shampoo or conditioner (7.3.11 P&G)
$3 ECB

Final OOP cost: $1.06
Saved: $20.09

Next, I went to Walgreens. There is a coupon in the July coupon book good for $3/2 Carefree panty liners, 16-60 count. Right now the 20 count are on sale for $1.59. I used the coupon and paid $0.48, saved $3. The cashier was amazed :)

After that, I went to Pier 1 Imports. I used the $10/$10 purchase coupon from Facebook. I got an adorable little piggy bank for $5 and a Flamingo coffee mug for $6. My total OOP was $1.07

Overall, I spent $2.61 OOP and I saved a grand total of $33.09. I love coupons :)

And because not everything in life is about coupons, I wanted to share this with you. I have been tearing my hair out for months trying to figure out how to get these squares to go together. You see, I traded for all of them on a craft swapping site called Swap Bot. They're gorgeous, but unfortunately they aren't all exactly the same size. My grandmother told me today to try laying them out in rows, sort of fitting them in as I went. It worked! This afghan is going to be a riot of color, and I can't wait until it's done :)

0 comments: